Friday, October 31, 2008

One month...check!

I have been here in Madrid exactly one month and one day. Let me tell you this has been one emotional roller coaster of a month. The first week and a half I was so enthralled by everything, so new and exciting. But to my dismay all that was once new and exciting became not so new...or exciting but just an every day part of my new life.
I then began experiencing extreme mood swings and home sickness. One day I would be so happy and enthusiastic and the next I would feel empty and sad and long for the comforts of home.
But luckily that has all passed and I am looking positively forward to whats to come.
I have made quite a few new friends here. All from different countries as far as Montreal QC, Sweden, Finland, Germany, UK and of coarse America. We have taken advantage of each weekend and ventured away from the city to see other villages and monuments. I love the weekends!
So far I have visited El Escorial, Valle de los Caidos, Segovia, and many sites in Madrid. This weekend we are venturing out to Cuenca. It is to the east of Madrid and two and a half hours away by train! Bring it on!
P.S. Happy Halloween!

No comments: