Monday, October 20, 2008

Segovia!

The whole "homesick" feeling has been haunting me a little the past week. It's probably because the whole "new and exciting" feeling has worn off. This is week 4 believe it or not! It's just the little things that put me in a homesick slump. For example I was cooking an egg the other day and all I wanted was a little Pam spray! :) Plus I miss all my family and friends and being able to just see them whenever.
So...I need to get over that because I am in Spain for goodness sake!!! Enough of that. Let me tell you about Segovia!


Saturday, five of us went on the train to Segovia, a gorgeous ancient city.


It is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen. The castle alone made me feel like I was in a fairy tale. Apparently it was this castle that inspired Walt Disney. Looking at the picture you will see what I mean. We toured the inside of the castle and also got to climb the tower to the top. It was 157 seven steps up a small stone spiral stair case.


Also posted are pictures of the Roman Aqueduct built over 2000 years ago and a picture of the Cathedral. It is awe inspiring!!


Yesterday my friend Anne and I went shopping for clothes. There is an H & M here which is mostly where I bought all my findings. Later that night we met a friend at and Irish bar called Dubliners. We ate dinner and watched American Football!! I was very excited :)

Also Friday night I finally got to try Spains famous Churros and Hot Chocolate at Chocolateria San Gines, rumored the best in Madrid!


I finally start some more Spanish classes tomorrow(Tuesday). The classes are Tuesday and Thursdays from 5-7 pm. I cannot wait to get started. I know it will be a big help...so much for all the Spanish I took in high school and college. I don't know what happened?!?!

No comments: