Monday, November 10, 2008

A weekend actually spent in Madrid!


This weekend was a great adventure and we didn't even leave the city. I think I had the most fun this weekend than any other. It was spent with my friends exploring new things Madrid has to offer.
Friday night my friend Leah and I were craving a little American culture, so what better way to satisfy our craving than to go to The Hard Rock Cafe! We arrived there around 9:30pm and there was a 1hr20min wait. No Problem! We ventured to another restaurant to grab a drink and appetizer then went back.

The Hard Rock was so fun(and loud!). I love music and they were playing all the top 40 hits with music videos on all the TV's. I ordered a veggie burger with a salad. We were so happy because sitting on the table were French's mustard and Heinz ketchup...and the best thing yet, they had ranch salad dressing! An example of little things taken for granted in the states!

Saturday I slept in, YAY!! I met with my friend Anne-Mari and we went to Casa de Campo. The Casa de Campo is a large urban park situated west of central Madrid. It was formerly a royal hunting estate.





From the city side we took the gondola over to the park. It was a beautiful day, perfect for great views! My friend Anne-Mari had three free tickets to the Parque de Atracciones(amusement park). So our friend Tina met us there where we relived our childhood. We went on a big roller coaster, the ferris wheel, another kiddie ride and even shared Algodon de azucar(cotton candy). I have not laughed so hard in such a long time. I think its important to let go and be a kid again!




That night I met with some other girlfriends and we hit the town, venturing with my friend Dee who lives here in Madrid. We had a great time and as usual, my Spanish got better with every beverage(or so I think it did!).

Sunday we had a picnic at Retiro park. It was such a beautiful weekend and I could not believe we were able to have a picnic in November!
Now of coarse I am suffering from the Monday blues! But soon it will be the weekend again, thank GOD!

1 comment:

Eminemily said...

Looks like you are having so much fun! I'm jealous! Is it April yet?