Wednesday, December 17, 2008

SNOW!!

Hola! This weekend I saw snow!! Well lets start with Friday...I worked during the day and then met my friend Tina for coffee at Starbucks in the evening and ended the night early. Saturday a few of us ventured out into the rain to go shopping in the tourist district(I hate it!) called Sol. I realized that everyone uses umbrellas here and it is so hard to walk down the street without getting attacked by all of them. Living in Seattle I don't think I ever used them, but here its a fashion statement of something. Or maybe Spanish people are made of sugar?

Saturday night a couple friends and I went to a little party at a really nice flat in the city.
Somehow we managed to get up on Sunday and venture out to the train station. We bought tickets to Cercadilla which is out towards the mountains in search of snow. Well we hit the jackpot. I was so giddy, like a little kid when I saw the first trace of it. But it was only a preview of what was to come.....




P.S. 6 more days till I leave for Italy!!! What did you ask Santa to bring you for Christmas??

No comments: